Road to my personal media career
Game idea and important job roles
Our game idea is a 2D action platformer with a focus on stealth and assassinations. You play as a monkey in a jungle and attack those responsible for deforesting your home. The game is a single player campaign where you gain more abilities throughout the story. The four roles we singled out were writer, programmer, 2D artist and audio designer. The role I am going to write a job post for is audio designer.
Overview and responsibilities:
We are looking for an audio designer to work on our upcoming title, the job will involve creating ambient sounds for a jungle environment and creating sound effects for animals, the job will not involve creating music. This will involve both location recording and audio asset creation.
- Minimum of 3 years working in the games industry with at least 2 of these years working directly with audio.
- At least 2 published titles.
- Experience with both location recording and audio asset creation.
- A portfolio of previous work, with a focus on work used in previous titles.
Skills and knowledge:
- Adept with audio creation software.
- Good all round audio knowledge
- Can work in a team environment and coordinate with others.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Familiar with many genres of game.